19 August 2008

the sweetest thing

I have come to know a sweet and beautiful thing in my past 3 years in Clemson, SC. I really don't know if I can fully get the way I understand it across in mortal terms, but I will try.

That sweet thing is made up of meaningful relationships, a sense of community with other people, and cutting through the bullshit that most people pour all over each other. To me, this feels like what life is supposed to be about, what we are to pursue.

It is such a powerful thing for me that my mind has been transformed to be willing to stay in Clemson by applying for jobs in the area. When I began the 'job hunt', I was very anti-south, anti-anything in this area. But now it is something that I really want and desire to have in my life.

I guess just being willing is the most important thing when it comes to our Father's will.

3 comments:

Winn Collier said...

ah, this is beautiful. community is powerful, isn't it?

Maybe you should look for jobs up C'ville way... : )

Corey said...

Lance - I love that your time in Clemson has counted and that it has changed you. I love that I got to be a part of that. I think you are inspiring and beautiful and I love who you are and seeing you become more who you were made to be. I love you.

San Jeronimo said...

Thanks for posting papi.